The Alternatives Employment Supports Program is an Employment Ontario (EO) Service Provider for the Muskoka-Kawarthas SSM and funded in part by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development. Alternatives ES Program supports individuals who are 16 years of age or older living with barriers to employment in Peterborough City and County. If you are a business licensed to operate and to provide employment in Ontario, contact us for more information. We want to talk to you about your hiring needs! We work with all businesses to assist them to hire a diverse, inclusive and stable workforce.
Alternatives Employment Support Specialists are dedicated to our clients and their employers by assisting them to achieve their employment goals and hiring needs. We are available to connect people with the right job and the right employer. Alternatives-Employment Supports offers a host of services and supports to you and the potential employer in advance such as;
Job Seeker and Employer Supports and Services
- Pre employment: Skills assessment, employability assessment, resume and cover letter writing, employment readiness training, interview preparation, and assisting with skills training.
- Job development: searching for available jobs and connecting with employers within the client’s skill set and desired job industry.
- Job acquisition: Assisting the job seeker to obtain employment by negotiating a paid placement or job.
- Job Coaching (if required): On the job 1:1 job coach to assist the employee and management staff.
- Financial Incentive to assist with onboarding, and training costs.
- Retention services to make sure your new employee continues ‘to shine’
- Free Advertising on our social media pages!
- Supported Employment.
- Vetting employees.
- Financial incentives.
- Pre employment training.
- Advertising for your company.
- Hard working employees.
- Skilled employees that want to work.
- Providing on-site training and job coaching at no cost.
- Community recognition for providing an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Improved socio-economic status.
- Improved quality of life.
- Skills improvement.
- Broader social network.
Lisa Purchase Team Lead/ Supported Employment Specialist 705-742-0806 Ext. 241
Laurie Rabjohn Supported Employment Specialist 705-742-0806 Ext. 248