“Building Community for Belonging, Acceptance and Growth”
Alternatives provides opportunities and outcomes for learning and skill
development in the areas of employment, volunteerism, recreation
and community connections for people with developmental disabilities
and other exceptionalities in Peterborough City and County.
Services are provided through the following programs:
Building Bridges, Foundations, Fundamental and Advanced Skills,
Employment Supports and Individualized Support Services.
All services strive to inspire and excite people of all abilities to enrich
their skills, celebrate life and have fun with families, friends and
* Fostering real friendships
* Valuing personal and informed choices
* Honouring personal worth and citizenship
* Promoting life-long learning
* Respecting personal safety and security
* Enjoying healthy and active lifestyles.